Life after Qualifying JEE is quite complicated because you are stuck between the counselling, fee submissions, and all. Choosing the right engineering college needs some time and patience. There are more than thousands of colleges for engineering that ensure a better future, but you have to choose only one of them. This is a big decision that you have to make with your family and friends. Here in this article, we are going to share with you how to choose the right college for engineering during counseling.
Time to make a strong decision for four years
In this modern world, high-class education requires too much money that is not possible to pay for everyone. When you get admission to any college, then you have to spend the golden four years of your life. This decision can change your overall life. While choosing any college, make sure that the quality of education and job opportunities should be your preference.
If you have already made a plan to be an engineer in future, then you should start searching for the best college just from right now. Every college is good and provides the right opportunities to students, but you have to find one that suits you. By considering these things here, we consider few points that can help you to choose the right option.
Consideration to make while choosing an engineering college
- Choose the stream first: Before choosing any college first, you should decide your stream. Decide on which branch of engineering you are planning to study. Evaluate all the options and come to a result. Once you choose your stream, you have to be stick with this for the next four years. If you don’t have interest in your stream, then it is a complete loss of money and time. So, choosing the stream is a primary task.
- Consider and categorize the colleges: While selecting the best college for engineering, you should go through some important points like Location, accreditation, amenities they provide, placement guarantee, and cost. You should have a minimum of three College options for backup. It will be better if you have a backup engineering stream in case if you are not selected for your required stream. Choose a college based on your ranking because, in this way, you have a higher chance of selection.
- Check the ranking of the college: After all these things, you should check the ranking of the college depending upon certain parameters. These parameters include Branches offered, size of the class, student diversity, Scholarship for students, Location, the reputation of the college, placement campaigns, seminars and faculty, campus infrastructure. You should check whether this college is running under the government body or private body.
- Feel the atmosphere: If possible you should visit the college physically and check the atmosphere. You must evaluate the surroundings and the vibe. This is the place where you have to spend your best years of life. So, research is a must before getting admission to any college.
- Check the scholarship pattern: There are many engineering colleges that offer scholarships to intelligent students to build their confidence. In this way, you can get some relief from the financial burden. It will also help you get admission to your favorite college.
- Don’t go with the name and fame: There are so many colleges that are popular, but that doesn’t mean that they offer better opportunities. Don’t believe in the name and fame in fact believe on what students talk about the atmosphere and faculty. Consider all the aspects and then decide which one you should go with.
- Career prospects: There are some colleges that are preferred by reputed companies. If you want to build a success story in your twenties, then you must choose the college that gives placements on the best companies. You should go with the one that offers a greater number of placements to their students in the last years. Choose college according to your score.
- Personal recommendations: If possible, you can also take some references and suggestions from your seniors. You can consult with the career experts online or ask for help from FosterJEE career counsellors, and they will give you the best suggestion according to your priority.
After going through all these steps, you can choose the right college for engineering . It is mandatory to choose the right college that will fit your interest. There are so many engineering colleges worldwide, and you can get admission all over the world as per your choice. What you have to do is research well and go through the above-discussed steps.